Wide Wednesday

I had an hour to kill this afternoon.

I brought my Hasselblad XPan equipped with the 45mm f/4 loaded it with a roll of Fujifilm Superia 400.

What I found so utterly fascination with this camera and more important, its format, is how well you can tell stories, just by framing.

I might never go back.

And btw I have a backlog of 4 trips to major cities in Europe back in 2017. But I’ll blog about them all in due time.

Happy new year to all of you who are still reading this mess of a website.

XPan + 45mm f/4 – Fujifilm Superia 400 – Scanned using Silverfast on Canoscan

Image 1 6 11 17 22Image 1 6 11 17 27Image 1_Image 1 6 11 17 22 28Image 1 4Image 1 6 15Image 1 6 13Image 1 6 11 18Image 1 6 11 17 22 29

28 Comments Add yours

1. Great work as usual! Very inspiring. I’m headed out the door with my camera now! Thanks for continuing to share!

1. jr050680 says:

Thank you so much for stopping by Matthew! Happy shooting
      /J

1. My Pleasure. You can check out my photo stream on flicker here. Just getting back into photography after many years. https://www.flickr.com/photos/mhbphotoandvideo/

2. ms says:

Happy New Year 🙂

1. jr050680 says:

Thank you! You too.

3. stevetqp says:

Jonas, as always, your photography is beautiful and inspirational indeed! Thanks again, sir, and best wishes for a safe, healthy, and prosperous New Year!

1. jr050680 says:

Thank you so much for those kind words Steve!

4. Scottlaw75 says:

Absolutely fantastic stuff Jonas. The format is super cool when wielded by a skilled eye such as yours

1. jr050680 says:

Thank you so much Scott. Always so kind!

5. Peter says:

Beautiful work. Makes me want to head out with my GFX-50S set to the X-Pan crop!

1. jr050680 says:

Love that they put that mode in there! Happy shooting man

6. that guy says:

i should totally sell my entire fuji x setup for one i mean why not

7. Robert Jones says:

I love these shots! The wide aspect ratio is my favorite.

1. jr050680 says:

Thank you so much. Yes, I’ve also been completely smitten by this format. The storytelling is almost implicitely embedded into each frame

1. Robert Jones says:

Agreed. Great job! ⭐️

8. Jenn says:

Thank you for sharing your inspiring images and interesting blogs. On reading your reviews I purchased a few of the Minolta Rokkor lenses and am thrilled with the resulting images. Thank you. The 58mm f1.2 is a bomb in weight but worth this weight in gold…fantastic lens.

1. jr050680 says:

Thank you so much for reading the blog Jenn! – The 58mm f/1.2 is such a nice little gem,. Expensive, but NICE!
      Have a great day.
      /J

9. Robert says:

Seeing this definitely wants me to start shooting film more. Looking forward to the posts of those 4 trips as well.

1. jr050680 says:

Thank you so much Robert!

10. Eric DeLorme says:

Stunning work, as always, Jonas.

Lately I’ve taken to cropping my images at 2:1 which turns out to be a ratio I really like… but 65:24 is a whole new beast! You’re absolutely right about the storytelling; it’s a very cinematic ratio.

It’s time to start making horizontal panos on my X100F…

God nyt år!

11. The Colors of Red and green are just spelendid and unique, I love’em like they are beautiful women.

12. João Gomes says:

Hi Jonas,
    Thanks for sharing!

Could you consider a blog post explaining your workflow with film?
    Some topics that I would find interesting:
    – Do you send your film to a lab for developing? (It hasn’t been easy for me to find one in Copenhagen, especially for b&w film.)
    – Or do you do it yourself? Is it complicated?
    – How do you scan it? Any tips on choosing a scanner?

Thank you again and great work!
    João

13. Dolly Shah says:

I feel Photography needs a different view of simple and negligible things.. the angle that every one cannot see at.. nice photographs..

14. I love these shots!

15. mathieumal says:

I love your photos ! I’m following your website without hesitation, and I hope to see more soon !

16. lhycalek says:

Can i ask a favor.. can you follow lhycalek . Please. I need your support to my blog. I need more followers because my blog is one of my project at school.. please i need your help po 🙏🙏 thank you 😊

17. pngnbxr says:

I have been following your work since I first started researching Fuji X cameras 2 years ago. Your photos and insight are always on point. Getting the X-T10 was one of the great purchases of my life. That being said, I think these panoramic XPan photos look amazing. Please continue to share.